DIESEL MECHANICAL FITTER
|JOB TITLE :||Mechanical Fitter||REPORTS TO :||Offshore Supervisor|
|DEPARTMENT :||Environmental and Decontamination Services||DATE COMPLETED :||16/4/15|
|LOCATION :||Various Offshore/Onshore & Overseas Oil and Gas Installations/Refineries||REVISION :||2|
|GRADE/JOB EXPRIENCE :|
|The position held within Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services division is to provide general and specialised support as part of a specialist cleaning crew mobilised for all specialist cleaning services provided. Also being responsible to ensure the plant and equipment maintained on a regular and daily basis throughout the workscope duration, being a key member as part of the team to deliver an exceptional high standard of work on project completion.|
The position is primarily offshore in the U.K Oil & Gas Sector, although this can change to being onshore or in overseas locations. The adhoc nature the projects undertaken can result in irregular work rotas short term to long term periods dependant on the workscope, the resultant leave cycle will reflect the working cycle and is similar to the vantage card system in ensuring that the recommended leave is taken between work scopes.
| Mechanical Fitting Duties:|
· To carry out all daily checks and maintenance required for running all equipment associated with-in the workscope i.e. HP & UHP Jetting Units, air compressors, BA equipment, pumps, Diesel driven equipment.
· Carry out regular plant and equipment visual safety inspections to ensure there are no faults or defects.
· Complete defects report for an piece of equipment deemed.
· Carry out diesel fueling on diesel driven equipment in conjunction with COSHH Regulations.
· Carry out manifesting of all equipment on arrival and prior to departing from completed work scopes.
· Inform the supervisor if a maintenance permit to work is required in order to carry out work outwith routine daily maintenance on equipment.
· Ensure all energy sources have been physically isolated prior to carrying out maintenance on any moving part of plant and equipment.
· Carry out a visual check on team member about to commence work using High Pressure of Ultra High Pressure water jetting Equipment, ensure they are wearing the correct P.P.E required in compliance with the Water Jetting Association Safe Code of Practice.
· Shall only energise water jetting equipment when satisfied that all controls are in place to carry out and safely complete jetting operations specified on the permit to work.
· To be pro active in and fully assist as part of a team in all aspects of specialist cleaning workscopes including the roles of NORM Cleaning Operatives, this shall include but not be limited to general and specialist cleaning activities, removal and disposal of NORM waste as well as vessel internal furniture removal and replacement.
· To be proactive in the rotational duties of the crew when carrying out UHP surface preparation within the vessel internal.
Mechanical Fitter Commitment To Safety Duties:
· Ensure when carrying out fuelling operations on diesel driven plant they are following the correct procedures in accordance with the installation COSHH regulations.
· Be actively involved and assist in completing an onsite Task Based Risk Assessment to identify additional risks or hazards involved in the workscope prior to work commencing.
· Ensuring correct valid permits and associated paperwork are in place prior to work commencing.
· Be actively involved in the onsite daily tool box talk, confirm that he understands what the workscope involves and be aware if there are any changes to the work or worksite.
· Ensure all equipment has been fully safety checked, function test of plant equipment prior to use.
· As a minimum do not start work until satisfied all of the above is in place and permits in place.
|COMPETENCIES – BEHAVIOURAL (For Technical Competencies See Note Below)|
|Self-motivated and able to work with the minimum of supervision being 100% committed to team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Work with a heightened awareness of HS&E. Further requirements are pride in his own work, being open minded, the ability to overcome problems and deliver solutions that may occur with plant and equipment.|
|SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:||Desirable||Essential|
|Accredited Time Served Mechanical Fitter||X|
|Mechanical Fitting Experience in an Offshore Environment||X||X|
|Basic knowledge in engine (petrol or diesel) daily maintenance and servicing||X|
|Completed 5 day new start training a requirement for specialist cleaning recruitment||X|
|Motivated Team Member||X|
|Good Housekeeping Standards||X|
|Good Hazard Identification Skills||X|
|Standard to be maintained in line with:|
· Client and Stork procedures, Health and Safety at Work Act.
· Stork Environmental and Decontamination Services processes and procedures.
· Quality, safety and environmental plans.
· Awareness everyone has authority to stop action likely to result in an accident, incident or serious loss.
|Apply commitment and motivation with an enthusiasm to being part of a team. The ability to develop multi-task skill levels. These skills based not only on strong traditional hands-on technical abilities, but on the development, review and implementation of performance and efficiency measures including equipment and worksite activity whether its specialist cleaning or Mechanical fitting.|
All applicants please send their details to: firstname.lastname@example.org